Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Much Better

January 24, 2012

Often times as women we find ourselves settling for mediocre things in life. We are content with what is giving to us that we don't demand what we deserve. We settle for the half on the fence relationship with God, the knock off bag, the dead end job, average grades, and the man that deals with us but truly doesn't love us. However, that is not the plans God has for your life. "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

I found myself always settling for average in life. As a woman of God, a part of me knew that God had something in store that was bigger and better. It was a matter of walking away from my past and releasing the things that hindered me. Once I learned to let go and let God have his way in my life things began to get much better. I dealt with heartache, persecution, being stabbed in the back by so-called friends, but I realized there was a reason for it all: God was preparing me for Better! Romans 8:28 states, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them." With that being said, I know that my God is not finished with me yet. God delivered me from something's to allow Greater things!

Remember, every trial and tribulation is not meant to harm you, but God allows it to strengthen your relationship with Him and to help you grow as a child of God. James 1:2-4

My best is yet to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment