Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 28, 2010

Loving Yourself

A question I ask many young women is, "Do you love yourself?" I have learned through my upbringing that if you don't love yourself then no one else will. Many times women deal with issues of low self-esteem, body image problems, men problems, etc. and we question the person God created. Why am I not good enough? Why doesn't he love me enough not to cheat, or hit me, or verbally abuse me? Why does my body look like this? Why do I feel like a failure? How can I be this person or that person? Bottom line is: you have to be happy with yourself and love yourself before anyone else can!

Many times as women and mothers we carry so much baggage. We find ourselves carrying baggage from one relationship to the other relationship and don't deal with the issues at hand. If you are a woman who has been in several relationships and have been hurt so many times you find yourself putting up a wall, and even becoming numb to certain situations. You may find yourself resenting who you are instead of embracing and loving yourself. It is so important to correct and learn from each circumstance in order to grow. Once you learn to accept who God has created you to be, it allows you the opportunity to learn more about You. This then leads to understanding yourself and finding out what you will and will not accept. Being able to accept you for you, is a key factor in loving you!

My Third Journey:

The love I give my children is so true and genuine. It is a love that can't be measured nor picked apart. It is a love that will go to the ends of the earth and back. It is a love that will move mountains and climb the highest heights. My love for my children is unbreakable, and forever pure. I am able to love my children, even my unborn because I am able to love myself!!!!


1 comment: